This article or section is being renovated.
Islamic unity is a term that usually refers to establishing good and peaceful relations between Shi'ites and Sunnis, who together form almost the entire Islamic Ummah, and can refer to political unity in the form of a Caliphate.
Other advocates of Islamic unity between Shi'ites and Sunnis include; Ayatollah Hashemi Rafsanjani, Hojatoleslam Ali Yunesi, Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Hezbollah, the Grand Mufti of Kashmir, Mufti Bashiruddin, and Zakir Naik. Opponents include Abu Musab Zarqawi, and Sipah-e Sahaba.
- al-Azhar Verdict on the Shia - Shi'ite Encyclopedia v2.0, Al-islam
- Former Iranian President Hashemi Rafsanjani: Iran Supports Palestinian and Lebanese "Mujahideen," But Will Not Initiate the Annihilation of Israel - MEMRI TV, Video No. 1470, May 18, 2007
- RFE/RL Iran Report - GlobalSecurity, 8 July 2002, Volume 5, Number 25
- Mubahala - Imam Khumayni on Islamic Unity - Eng sub - YouTube
- Kumail12 - muslim unity - YouTube
- Hezbollah: We don’t have Shia agenda - The Asianage, August 16, 2006
- Syed Ali Safvi - Remembering Ayatollah Yousuf Kashmiri - KashmirAffairs, September 24, 2008
- Shakirshuvo - Unity Of The Ummah - Dr. Zakir Naik (1/13) - YouTube
- Michel Chossudovsky - Al Qaeda and the Iraqi Resistance Movement - Global Research, September 18, 2005
- Najum Mustaq - America’s Musharraf Dilemma - Moderate Observer, March 2, 2007